My second major project was to create a pair of Sumerian armies, taking advantage of being able to use the same castings for both sides. Once again I got caught up in enthusiasm for another subject and they remain only partly done, hopefully blogging will provide the impetus to complete all these unfinished armies.
The opposing sides are identified by colour, one has red shields and battlecarts, with yellows and browns for their clothing, the other uses blue and white clothing.
The Battlecarts are my most complicated model so far. The onagers and wheels are cast separately, the rest is a one piece casting.
The spearmen come in three variants, unarmoured, with helmet and with helmet and cloak. Separate shields make for six variations of the figure.
I went with just the one version of the archer, I should probably go back and make a variant without a helmet. One day, maybe.
The javelin armed skirmishers are on round bases to indicate they get no benefit from forming in ranks. I have some slingers cast but haven't painted them yet.
The villagers are from my prehistoric tribe with a different paint job, the bald men are javelin skirmishers with the javelin removed.