Saturday 20 August 2016

I wonder how long it will take me to regret this...?

This is my first attempt at a blog, so please bear with me while I figure out what the heck I'm doing.

The aim of this is two fold, firstly to put my (I think) unique approach to wargaming out there for others to see and secondly to motivate me to spend more time on the hobby, if only so I have something new to post about on here.

In addition to the figures I make myself I also do more mainstream wargaming, which will be covered too.

But mostly it's about my own little creations, the world I am building for them and the rules I make them live and die by.  Crazy, huh?


5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere. It takes a bit of courage to share your work and I commend you on taking that step.

    I started my blog, primarily, in an effort to help me finish projects and it has worked for me.

    Good luck and I look forward to seeing more or your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the thoughts of Sean. Blogging is a great catalyst for getting things done. I simply love your figures. before you get too excited by my support you should be aware that I wargamed for many years with figures made from hair curlers and cardboard , oh and a few matchsticks in there too. I'm currently playing with 6mm Napoleonic figures laser cut in MDF. On the strength of that I may not be the most appropriate person to prise your work. However they really are cute and you know what will hurt the button counters? You can tell at a glance what they represent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry that should read praise not prise. My typing is pretty weird too...

      Delete
    2. Thanks :)

      I had a look at your hair curler and MDF figures, I have to say I'm blown away by how brilliant they are. I did love the line 'apply a little paint and there you have it', I think that wins a Nobel prize for understatement. Hard to believe those MDF figures are only 6mm tall :)

      Delete